I have been working on the Wonky 9-Patch Halloween quilt blocks for a while now, and haven’t spent much time on it recently. I have mostly been working on some blocks for some charity quilts for our guild this month. So, I took a break from those blocks and yesterday I started putting the Wonky 9-Patch top together.
First, I put all 42 blocks up on the Design Wall and moved things around a bit, then I got the first row stitched together with black 2-1/2-inch strips…
Sorry for the slanted photo – it’s hard taking a photo in cramped spaces!
Here are (most of) the remaining blocks on my Design Wall…
The Design Wall has been moved to the end of my quilting frame, so it’s a bit hard to see it or get a good photo…but you get the idea.
My goal is to have this one completed and shipped off to my daughter by the end of September. I may try to put a second row together today, but I also need to get some quilting done on the Gypsy Wife, so we’ll see what happens. Lots of laundry to do today, along with a few chores, so hopefully I can squeeze in some sewing time.
Have a wonderful Wednesday!
Linking up with:
WOW! WiPs on Wednesday at Esther’s Blog
Let’s Bee Social at Sew Fresh Quilts