Pages

Sunday, July 9, 2017

Slow Sunday Stitching

It’s been a while since I’ve linked up with Slow Sunday Stitching at Kathy’s Quilts. Most of the non-machine work I have been doing lately has been a crochet project, but I found this cute little cross stitch pattern from Mill Hill…



After we remodeled our laundry room last fall (after the big flood!) and removed the wall paper, I ended up with this long empty wall…



I have wanted to fill it up with laundry themed wall hangings, etc. I made the little quilt on the left (with the boxer shorts on the clothes line) earlier this year in a Project Quilting Challenge, but I’ve been looking around for some cute little projects to add to the wall. I found this little Mill Hill kit, and since cross stitch was my first love before quilting ever entered my life, I decided to make this next. I have spent some time on it over the last week or so, and I have a little bit to show for it…



It's hard to see because the perforated paper color is so close to the floss colors, but I’m working on the washer in the middle of the design. The thing about cross stitch is that it takes soooo long to make progress. I think that’s why quilting has taken over most of my time – quick rewards! But, I just decided I was going to work on this and enjoy it. I am working on some quilting projects in the meantime, but I am trying to spend a little time each day with this project. Hubby is gone for a while today, so this will be on my agenda. It has been nice getting back to cross stitch, and I plan to make an effort to not let it fall by the wayside again. Like quilting projects, I have more than plenty of cross stitch UFOs!


So that’s the plan for today. It’s a lovely day here, so I will open the curtains and do some slow stitching in the sunshine. I hope you all have a wonderful Sunday and check out the great projects at Kathy’s Quilts for Slow Sunday Stitching!

6 comments:

  1. Counted cross stitch does seem to take forever. I've got a couple of stalled projects at home. Doing a bit each day is a good plan. It will definitely be a fun addition to your laundry wall.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cross stitch was my first love, before quilting took over everything, as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved cross stitch first too. I cross stitched some Christmas stockings earlier in the year and I enjoyed it so much. I, too, don't want cross stitch to "fall by the wayside" again. I have a little cross stitch sign in my (much smaller) laundry room that says, "Is there life after laundry?"

    ReplyDelete
  4. I work on my cross stitch when we are travelling in the car or when in a waiting room. It makes the time pass and I end up with a finished project eventually. This little picture will be perfect for your laundry room!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the little quilted clothes line and you have a nice start to your cross stitch.

    ReplyDelete