Pages

Wednesday, July 26, 2017

One Monthly Goal for July

Complete! My OMG for July was to piece the Merrily top. I started the month with the tree and house blocks all pieced, so I only needed to arrange them into rows and add borders. It was easy enough, but I was dragging my feet on it for some reason. But, it’s done!



This really was a fun top to make and it is now in the “to quilt” pile. I bought this as a kit, and I also bought coordinating panels for pillows, as well as some yardage that I was originally planning to use on the pillows, but didn’t. There was quite a bit of fabric left over from the kit, along with some cut-off triangles from the roofs and trees. So…



…all that leftover fabric, plus the red yardage at the top of the photo will be pieced into the backing fabric. I’ll start with the half-square triangles and build from there. I occasionally piece backings, but this will be the most piecing I have ever done for a backing. It will almost be like making another quilt top with all the small pieces that will need to be built into blocks of some kind. I’m looking forward to seeing how it turns out!

For today, I will be linking up with the Finishes Party at Elm Street Quilts for the One Monthly Goal for July. I hope you stop by to see what everyone has done this month, and have a great Wednesday!


9 comments:

  1. This is a fabulous quilt top!
    And the pieced backing from the leftovers will make it a 2 sided quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great quilt top! Love the fabrics especially the darling moose and penguin!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute top! Congrats on achieving your goal! The backing is going to be fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute and you have a jump on the holidays. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this quilt. Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and congrats on your finish.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very fun! Congrats on meeting you OMG. Good luck with piecing the back.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You will love this Christmas and years to come.

    ReplyDelete