Pages

Friday, July 21, 2017

Friday Finishes


I had an interruption again…but this was of my own doing.

I had been working away at Merrily and even got all four rows completed over the weekend. I guess I was getting antsy or bored, so I looked at my project basket on my sewing table…



This is where I keep patterns and notes and ideas of things I really want to work on “next”. I know I can’t work on all these projects “next”, but they are handy when I want to start something different. I picked out a little pattern that I bought last year during the summer Shop Hop and worked on that Sunday and Monday, then got the binding stitched down on Tuesday. Here is what I ended up with…



It’s a cute little Halloween skinny wall hanging of witches’ hats and a pumpkin. These are paper pieced blocks and the whole thing went together quickly. I fudged the pumpkin, which is pieced with some triangles in it, and I just used one piece of fabric. It finishes at just under 6 by 20 inches. I also had some cute fabric with kittens playing in a pumpkin patch, so I put that on the back…



And I used this fabric for the binding…



This was a nice break and a quick finish, which I needed right now!

So, Wednesday I got back to Merrily. I pieced together the four rows, then added the borders, and ta-da!



I finished the top! Yay!

I was so jazzed from finishing the top on Wednesday, that I even pulled out the large animal panel fabric that coordinates with the Merrily fabrics and put together two pillows with all four animals (an animal on each side). Here is one side of each pillow…



And here are the other sides…



Originally, I was going to put some piping around the edges, but I just decided to go with the plain pillows. These finished up at about 18 inches square. I will wait until about November to stuff them and stitch them closed since they will store much easier flat and unstuffed! I plan to hang Merrily on the wall in the living room during the holidays and winter, and these pillows will work great on the couch.

So, that’s it. I made some progress and I’m excited about what I did this week. I even pulled out the neutral Gypsy Wife quilt and continued with the stitching-in-the-ditch on it. I will try to not get sidetracked until all the ditch stitching is done on it.


I will be linking up at My Quilt Infatuation for Needle and Thread Thursdays. Head over for some great projects and have a wonderful weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment