Pages

Thursday, June 8, 2017

Wonky Halloween Blocks are Done!

I actually completed my One Monthly Goal for June this week. I finished up the last 27 blocks for the Wonky Halloween 9-Patch



Each of those 9 stacks on the left have 3 blocks. Here’s a stack of all 42 blocks done…



I took some time to put some of them up on the design wall, and this is what they are looking like…



Now I should have time to add some sashing to these blocks and get it that much closer to a completed top.

I also finished the third and fourth lessons for the Spring FMQ Quilt-A-Long at The Inbox Jaunt…



These are the HST Flowers. And following are the HST Suns (broken up into two photos)…




The Suns didn’t turn out all that great and I’m only doing a short practice row before I commit it to the project. But, I’m learning new motifs and that’s a good thing. This QAL will at least give me some ideas for future quilting and I will practice a lot on certain motifs before I commit them to a “real” quilt.

Today is an “at home” day, so I should have plenty of time to head down to the sewing room. Yesterday I cut the pieces for two yellow Kittens blocks for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge, so I will try to get both of those pieced today. But first up, I’m going to do a bit of genealogy work. It has been a long time since I did anything with that, so it’s about time!

I will be linking up at Needle and Thread Thursday at My Quilt Infatuation, and at Elm Street Quilts for the One Monthly Goal June Finishes when it goes live at the end of the month.

I hope you all have a wonderful Thursday…and Go Preds!



No comments:

Post a Comment