Pages

Friday, June 2, 2017

Friday Finishes

Another week has gone by and I worked on a few things. Let’s take a look.

Last night I completed the first hexagon block in a crochet afghan…



Now, only 50 more to go. It turned out better than I expected it would. I have the remaining 50 centers completed. Next, I will get the petals done on all of them, then put them together with the green. This will be interesting.

In sewing news, I finished a couple of small quilts for my cat…



Exciting, right? Originally, I made these to be Kennel Quilts, but then realized I wasn’t positive about the fiber content of the flannels. I’ve had the solid ones on my shelves for about 30 years, and I really don’t know if they are 100% cotton (which they need to be for KQs). Also, one of them is too big for a KQ, and my cat also needs a new quilt for her carrier. So, it just seemed easier to make them up for her and I can get more KQs made this month.

Yesterday I started on a project I’ve been wanting to get to. I started a practice piece for the Picture Piecing technique from Cynthia England. Here are some of my pieces…



It doesn’t look like much now, but it will become a train engine (if I do it right!)

And the big finish for me this week was finishing up Jol



This was so fun and I’m happy it is completed.

That’s it from here. I am planning on a sewing and baking day today, so I better get to it. I hope you all have a wonderful weekend. I will be joining Sarah at Confessions of a Fabric Addict for Can I Get a Whoop! Whoop! Check out all of the great projects linked up on her site.


No comments:

Post a Comment