Pages

Monday, May 29, 2017

Time to Celebrate!

According to dictionary.com, Jol means a party or to have a good time. Well, it’s time to party cuz Jol is done!



And here is the back…



I’m so pleased with how this turned out. I love the colors and the quilting, and the binding, and everything about it. And, I had a good time making it!

I quilted snowflakes across (horizontally) the blocks on the long arm, then FMQ snowflakes in the piano key border on my domestic machine. You can see some of the quilting here…



I had originally found this fabric line at a local quilt shop last year (it is a Moda line), and really liked it. Then at one of the classes I took at the shop I won a charm pack of this fabric as a door prize. I picked up a jelly roll of the same fabric to complete the blocks, then used the left-over strips for the piano key border. I then used the remaining grey strips to make a strippy binding. It turned out just as I hoped! I am one happy quilter. This is a holiday quilt, so it won’t be out again until after Thanksgiving. But I will be anxiously awaiting its turn in the living room.

Finishing Jol was my One Monthly Goal for May, and I finished stitching the binding during the Indy 500 yesterday, so I finished it up in time. It is also on my list for the Second Quarter of the 2017 Finish-A-Long. Two birds with one stone!

This week I hope to finish the ditch stitching on the Gypsy Wife. When that is done I will start the quilting on it. That’s about it from here for today. Have a wonderful Memorial Day!

Linking up with:
One Monthly Goal Finishes at Elm Street Quilts
Monday Making at Love Laugh Quilt
Main Crush Monday at Cooking Up Quilts
2017 Finish-A-Long 2Q Finishes at She Can Quilt (in June)

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on a beautiful finish. It always feels so good to get a project off the UFO list and onto the finished list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just wonderful. Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and congrats on your finish.

    ReplyDelete