Pages

Sunday, May 28, 2017

Slow Sunday Stitching

Here is the progress I have made so far on the current block of the Snowman Collector project…



The tree is done and I'm still working on the hat. I plan to spend some more time on it today while watching the Indy 500 race. I’m not a huge racing fan, but I remember my mom always being so excited about the race and when we would head out to their place in the California desert on Memorial Day weekend, Mom would have a radio outside with the race on and the TV inside would have the race on. She never wanted to miss a thing. It’s just a nice little memory I have of my mom, so now I have the Indy 500 on in the background every year. I think it is just comforting somehow.

Before I sit down with the snowman however, I will finish up the binding on the Jol quilt…



I just have about 90 inches left to stitch down, and then it will be done.


Anyhoo…I will probably spend some time stitching today. I hope you can find some time today for something fun to do as well. And for those in the U.S., have a wonderful and safe Memorial Day holiday weekend. I will be linking up with Kathy for Slow Sunday Stitching. I hope you get the chance to visit her blog and check out all of the great hand stitched projects.

8 comments:

  1. We watch the races today too, starting with the F1 race. It won't be the same without Jim Nabors singing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy your stitching with your background races. Your snowman is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a great day of stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful memories of your mom. Your snowman is so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi,
    Love the snowman, he's cute. Memories are awesome, glad you are carrying on this tradition. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, that snowman looks fun! This will be a gorgeous quilt! I'm starting to get back into embroidery as well - could be because I bought a ton of floss! You are doing a fabulous job! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cute your snowman. And almost a new quilt is done. Have a great Slow Stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like the perfect day, and also wonderful to honour your Mom!

    ReplyDelete