Pages

Wednesday, May 24, 2017

Mid-Week Check-In

I took the Jol quilt to Bee yesterday and was able to stitch the binding down on most of one side. There’s an awful lot of gabbing that goes on there, so I’m happy with the progress I made. I think I will just save Jol to be finished up at Bee. I will be at the next two, then miss a couple, so if I don’t get the binding finished by the June 6th Bee, I will just finish it up at home.

Yesterday I also completed the first lesson for the Spring FMQ QAL at The Inbox Jaunt.



We are working on the half square triangle strips first, and I have tried these little arcs before and didn’t have much luck. I did much better on this go-around, but there are still some wobbles that you can see. I need work on consistency in the size of the arcs as well.

I spent a little more time yesterday doing some ditch stitching on the Gypsy Wife quilt…



Right now I am stitching between these vertical background strips (all 63 of them!) I have completed part of the bottom right quadrant of the quilt, but it is very slow going. This is going to take a while, but I know it will be worth it in the end. I’ll just keep plugging away at it until “every stinking seam” is ditch stitched. Then I will start with the fun decorative quilting.

This afternoon I will probably add a little embroidery to the mix and do some more work on the Snowman Collector block, but I will show my progress on that project this weekend.

That’s about it from here. There is a possibility of some nasty storms here today, so I will just hunker down and sew. Seems like a good plan!


I will be linking up over at Sew Fresh Quilts for Let’s Bee Social #178. Head on over to see what everyone else is up to.

1 comment:

  1. Enjoy your sewing today! I hope the storms aren't too bad.

    ReplyDelete