Pages

Monday, April 3, 2017

The Final Snow of the Season

At least I hope so! Yesterday I started quilting this snowflake table topper…



This is from the pattern “Winter Trio” by Laundry Basket Quilts.



I made this top about a year ago for our guild Quilt Show small quilt sale, but never finished it. I had the blue background from a guild challenge from last year, and had plenty of fabric. It is also the backing fabric for this table topper.

I decided to go ahead and get it done for this summer’s Quilt Show, so I started quilting it yesterday. I am quilting the background in a diamond cross hatch using a walking foot. I have never done any kind of cross hatch background quilting, so I figured this small quilt was a good place to try it out. I plan to quilt around each snowflake as well. Bonus – this is one of my Q2 goals for the 2017 Finish-A-Long, so I’m on my way to my first second quarter finish!

Today I’m hoping to finish up the quilting, then attach the binding by machine. My goal is to have the binding ready to hand stitch down at our quilting Bee tomorrow.

I hope you all have a wonderful Monday!

Linking up with:

Monday Making at Love Laugh Quilt

Main Crush Monday at Cooking Up Quilts

3 comments:

  1. That is a cute table topper. Are you quilting around the snowflakes?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is beautiful in that colour combination.

    -Soma

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've got a great start on your 2017 Finish along goal. You can't go wrong with white on blue to my mind. Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete