Pages

Thursday, April 13, 2017

Needle and Thread Thursday

Busy day today…I have to run some errands this morning and this afternoon, but I hope to spend at least a little time in the sewing room. If not, there is always the weekend.

Yesterday I finally finished off the 36 Quilts of Valor blocks…



These are large blocks, something like 12 inches finished. I was surprised at how long it took me to piece these! But they are done now and I can turn them into our guild so they can be pieced into a Quilt of Valor.

Next on my list is to finish this Orange and Black & White strip quilt…



This is one of my Q2 goals for the 2017 Finish-A-Long, and I’m ready to get it done.  I found some fabric to use to piece the backing…



The black and white fabric (in the middle) is left over from backing for the Easy Street quilt, and the orange and black fabric is about a yard long and was on the free table at the guild meeting this month. This morning I searched the sewing room and came across some fabric for the binding, along with some extra batting that will work. I hope to piece the backing today or tomorrow and then load this quilt onto the long arm frame. Maybe this weekend I can get it quilted. I think there is a finish in the near future!


I need to get moving. I have to run to the eye doctor for my new glasses (yay!) and then by the library. Today is hubby’s last day at work (retirement, yay!) and he will be home shortly after lunch, then we have to run out for a couple of more errands. For now, I will link up at My Quilt Infatuation for Needle and Thread Thursday. Head on over for some wonderful projects.

No comments:

Post a Comment