Pages

Friday, April 7, 2017

Friday Finishes

I have one finish this week…the Snowflake table topper



This is a top I finished about a year ago. It was originally meant for donation to the small quilt sale at our quilt guild Quilt Show last summer, but I never finished it. Instead, I finished up a snowman wall hanging similar to this one and donated it…



I spent Sunday and Monday quilting the Snowflake table topper, then attached the binding, and spent Monday evening hand stitching down the binding. It’s done and I turned it in on Tuesday night, so that mission is accomplished!

This is one of my (many) goals for the Second Quarter of the 2017 Finish-A-Long at She Can Quilt, so I will be linking up over there in June when the finishes party opens.

I have pieced some blocks this week, and yesterday I pieced nine Quilt of Valor blocks…



The strip units are fine to piece; but the block itself is not intuitive to me so I have been having to really concentrate to piece the units into a block. That may sound weird, but I think I just have a plain rail fence in mind, but this is put together differently. I like how the quilt top looks on the design wall, but it is just not a natural pattern for me. Anyway, I have 27 more block kits to piece, so I will be busy with this for the next week.

I hope your week has been good and you have a wonderful weekend!

Linking up with:
Can I Get a Whoop! Whoop! at Confessions of a Fabric Addict


3 comments:

  1. Yea for finishing your snowflake table topper. It will be just the thing for winter dinners. I really like the "woven" look of the QOV blocks. I imagine it must be challenging to make the blocks as shown then the regular rail fence. Keep at it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay on the snowflake ! Love where your QOV blocks are going!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love those snowflakes - love that you are trying to keep me cool despite the hot weather! Congratulations on your fab finish on behalf of the global FAL 2017 hosts!

    ReplyDelete