Pages

Monday, April 10, 2017

Busy Week Ahead

I have a busy week ahead. I have some errands to do this week, plus I have Bee tomorrow, then I’m going to a (new to me) guild meeting Friday morning. On top of that, this is hubby’s last week of work. Retirement! Woo hoo! All of that to say that I hope to get some time in the sewing room.

Yesterday I finished up this crochet scarf…



Scarves are my “go-to” projects when I want to crochet something. In this case, I wanted to use up the remainder of a skein from another project. It worked out just long enough for a scarf.

For the past several days I have been working on blocks for Quilts of Valor. I have 9 completed and on my design wall…



I have kits for 27 more blocks and I am working on piecing the strip sets (4 to a block) to make up the blocks. It’s not hard; it’s just slow going. I plan on getting these blocks finished up this week.

Once those are completed, I plan on piecing a backing and loading the Orange and Black & White quilt onto the long arm…



I don’t have a better name for it right now. I think I will look for my largest black and white pieces of fabric and use those for the back. Maybe I will throw in an orange fabric somewhere, just cuz. I think I have batting for this, and I will probably just quilt it with black thread, so I have that covered. It’s just a matter of doing it. Finishing this quilt is one of my Second Quarter goals for the 2017 Finish-A-Long, so I hope to get moving on it this week.

Once that is on the long arm, I will get to work on adding the borders to the Jol quilt top…



I didn’t get around to this last week, so I hope to finally work on it this week. I am adding a 2-inch border around the blocks, then I need to piece a piano key border to add. I will see at that point if I am going to add any more borders. My initial plans for this was to make a wall quilt, but I will probably end up using it on a bed instead.

That’s my plan for this week. I still have a little more to go on Autumn’s Call…



…and I work on that when I’m upstairs while we’re watching TV or when I’m waiting on dinner, so I will work that project in when I can. I also have several crochet projects which are easy to pick up or take-along when needed. I’ll never be not busy this week!

I hope you have a wonderful week ahead and I will be linking up at the following:

Design Wall Monday at Patchwork Times
Monday Making at Love Laugh Quilt
MainCrush Monday at Cooking Up Quilts 



2 comments:

  1. The Orange and Black and white is so great! love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty projects. Your orange, black and white quilt is very dramatic. I tried to come up with a name, but nothing that wasn't completely corny came to mind. Though come to thing of it Candy Corn might work, it kinda has that look. Happy stitching this week. Hope you achieve all your goals for the week. And congrats on Your Guy's retirement.

    ReplyDelete