Pages

Saturday, April 1, 2017

April – Spring is Here!

I barely touched my to-do list for March. I guess I got sidetracked with other things. I did not meet my One Monthly Goal, and all I did with my March UFO was to open the box and look at it and say, “Maybe later.” I guess I did make a little progress on my UFO because I bought a spool of thread to quilt it when I was at a quilt show last week. But first, I need to finish the top!

I did get one more item crossed off my list yesterday for March. I was able to put together the second candle block for the “Have a Jolly Little Christmas” QAL…



In just under the wire!

Yesterday I also finished the last of the February Quilty365 blocks…



Now I’m only one month (or 31 days) behind!

For April, I’ve decided not to worry about a One Monthly Goal. I will get back to that next month. I do want to try to make some progress – and catch up – with some QALs and the Two-Step Mystery. The UFO (at Patchwork Times) for the month of April is #1, which is my Jol quilt. I hope to get some work done on that this month. Here is where I’m at on that project…



I want to add a border to it before quilting it. Maybe I can at least get that far in April.

Tomorrow I will be posting my list for the Second Quarter of the 2017 Finish-A-Long at She Can Quilt, and I hope to get working on those projects this month as well.

So, April will be spent in the garden, working on some blocks, and hopefully a little camping. The weather is staying pretty warm now, so I think this weekend we can make sure the air conditioner is working properly and we will try to get in a bit of yard work. Changes are in the air here, so I’m trying to just go with the flow this month.

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend, and a fabulous April!

Linking up:
Quilty365 at Daisy and Jack



4 comments:

  1. thanks for linking up your February circle blocks - I'm also behind in sewing mine so we can catch up together :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some months stepping back and playing catch up is the best plan. Your Jol quilt is beautiful, love that color combination. Good luck with your plans for the month.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on getting your February circles done - does make for a great feeling. Not sure where you are located but it must be further south than Iowa. :) I am itching to get into the garden, too. Raking the front lawn is as far as I've gotten - a bit too cool to start uncovering flowers, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the circles....I was late with my February circles also...it was a tough month..not enough days! I love your candles...beautiful...

    ReplyDelete