Pages

Sunday, April 2, 2017

2017 Finish-A-Long Second Quarter Goals

It’s time for another round of goals, this time for the Second Quarter of the 2017 Finish-A-Long.  I completed two of three goals for Q1, and I have a much longer list for Q2. We will see what happens!

First, I will list my neutral Gypsy Wife quilt…again…



I have the backing, batting, and thread for this. All I need is the nerve. I guess I haven’t exactly decided how to quilt it yet and I’m putting it off. However, it’s time to get it done.

My second goal is to complete this blue snowflake table topper…



I made this a year ago for our small quilt sale at our guild quilt show, but never got it quilted. I plan to work on this one in April and get it quilted and bound so I can donate it to our small quilt sale for this year’s quilt show.

Third, I hope to complete Jol…



This is also my April UFO to work on, so I expect to make some progress on it this month anyway. I plan on adding a two-inch white border all the way around it, then use the fabrics in the quilt top to make a piano key border. I’m looking forward to working on this one again. And once again, I have the fabric for the backing, along with the batting ready to go for this. I probably also have some thread that will work.

Number Four is the Wonky Halloween 9-Patch…



This is a stack-and-whack type of project and is rather quick and easy to do. I enjoy working on it and the blocks go together pretty quickly. I have 30 more blocks to complete, then I am sashing it with solid black. I haven’t decided if I’m adding borders. I’ll see how big I want it when the time comes.

Number Five is the Hourglass quilt…



I have quite a few blocks made, and they go together quickly. I have more fabric cut out for blocks, so I will be working those into my schedule when I can. I would like to get this one completed by summer. It will be a nice bright addition to our bedroom.

Number Six is to complete Vintage Skate…



This is a wall hanging that just needs to be quilted and bound. I think if I spend several days focusing on this I can get it done. I’ll be glad to be able to hang it up at Christmas.

And finally, Number 7 on my list is to complete this strippy quilt…



The center strips are from a bright orange/yellow jelly roll, and the black and white strips are from my stash that I wanted to use up. I had fun making this quilt top, and even though I was thinking about Halloween when I made it, it doesn’t necessarily have to be a Halloween quilt. I just need to piece a backing, then get it quilted and bound.

That’s my (long) list of Goals for Q2 of the 2017 Finish-A-Along. I will be linking up at She Can Quilt. Head over to see what everyone else plans to work on for the next few months.


Have a wonderful Sunday!

5 comments:

  1. Great list. I can see that deciding how to quilt your neutral Gypsy Wife would take some thought. Thanks for linking up your goals on behalf of the 2017 FAL hosts. Good Luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What awesome projects! Your Gypsy Wife is AMAZING! I can't wait to see what you do with it! Good luck this quarter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Neutral Gypsy Wife is my very favorite. I plan to start a new quilt this year in those neutral colors - browns and beiges. I am also going to add gold to it. Yours is GORGEOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's some list. I love your Gypsy Wife, I would really like to see that one finished. I started mine last year but didn't get any further than making the blocks for section one. Maybe it's something I should add to the next quarter.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've got some fun projects to play with this quarter. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete