Pages

Sunday, March 26, 2017

Slow Sunday Stitching

It has been a long time since I linked up with Kathy for Slow Sunday Stitching. I actually plan on doing some stitching today, so here I am again!



This is where I’m at on Autumn’s Call. I don’t have too much left on it, and once I finish this section I will just need to move the hoop once more (to the right). All that will be left then are some French knots. The end is near for this one, and it’s about time!

I think next week I should finish this one off and then I will start on a large stitching project…The Snowman Collector from The Stitch Connection



I’m making mine a bit differently and I’m not making it a redwork project. This will be a large project, and not transportable, so I will probably also prepare a smaller stitching project I can take to Bee. Most likely it will be this pattern from Bird Brain Designs…



This is called Quilts in the Garden and I picked it up this week at Mountain QuiltFest.  I plan on hanging this one in my laundry room (some day!)

That’s it from here. I hope you all have a wonderful Sunday and a great week ahead.


8 comments:

  1. I have always admired the Snowman Collector design. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Every time I see those redwork hand embroideries I want to make one! I have a pattern, just need to get busy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your stitching is lively and those new projects look like lots of fun too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that snowman pattern! I like how you think... finishing one stitchery, planning for two more! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's lovely when the end is in sight! Your two new projects are beautiful but I'm a real lover of red work, so it will be interesting to see what you do with it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Autumn’s Call is gorgeous. I look forward to seeing what you have in mind for the snowmen.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your Autumn's Call is just lovely. Is that a Crabapple Hill pattern, by chance? I love their designs! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. If that is Autumn's Call, I have it worked into a little hanging. I loved doing it as I love all the Crabapple Hill Studio designs. I finished the embroidery for the Gardender's Alphabet but haven't put it together yet...several years later, yikes. Yours looks lovely and I love snowmen to work on. Happy Stitching.

    ReplyDelete