Pages

Wednesday, March 1, 2017

A Look Back, and a Look Ahead

In February, I was able to get a few projects finished. It’s always fun to finish things! I completed four quilts…










And the Project Quilting Challenge 8.5, What the Well-Dressed Man is Wearing…Underneath



Done is good!

I also worked on some blocks for various projects. I made three Kittens blocks for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge…





I got 6 blocks done for Wonky Halloween 9-Patch…



And I made four blocks for the Have A Jolly Little Christmas QAL at Sew Fresh Quilts…




I also made some progress on my UFO (Get It Done) for February. I’m working on the Sawtooth Cats quilt top…



I’m working on the third paper pieced border. It is just time consuming, but I’m kind of into it now, so I want to keep working on it. I guess that’s a good thing!

I didn’t get any blocks made for the 365 Challenge, but I did finish the January blocks for Quilty365 and I have about 12 blocks done for February. I’m way behind. I have blocks ready to stitch, I just haven’t taken the time to do it. Looks like I will have plenty of hand stitching to do in March!

So, on to March. I have a humongous list of items to work on in March, but I will hit the highlights here…

I will keep working on the Sawtooth Cats. As a matter of fact, finishing and attaching the pieced borders will be my One Monthly Goal for March at Elm Street Quilts.

The March UFO at Patchwork Times is #5, which is my Rainbow Stars quilt.



This is from the 2015 Rainbow Scrap Challenge at So Scrappy. I have the center of the top completed, and as you can see it covers the top of a full-size bed. My goal for this month is to get the borders completed and attached. I have 13 smaller stars completed so far for the borders. They will add an additional 18 inches to the width and length of this quilt top, so it will be pretty big. I’m not entirely sure how many more border stars I need to make, but I will figure it out. I have everything I need to finish this top, so I will work at it in March.

I am planning on doing a bit of quilting on the long arm in March, and  first up will be the neutral Gypsy Wife…



I have ideas for quilting this, so I think I can get it done in a couple of weeks, if I really work at it. This is my last goal for the First Quarter of the 2017 Finish-A-Long, so I would like to get it completed in the early weeks of March.

I also want to get a table runner completed for Easter. I still have six weeks or so before it comes around, so maybe I can complete the top and quilting by the end of next week. I plan on using the Fancy Forest pattern by Elizabeth Hartman…



I’m going to use the rabbit in the pattern for the table runner. I hope it turns out like I envision it.

Along with those, I will continue on with the blocks and challenges that I have been working on this year. I have had a lot of fun with them all, and even though I’m behind on some, they are still fun projects to work on...and it's nice to just work on piecing blocks sometimes.

That’s about it for today. We are in for some storms this afternoon, so as long as the power stays on I will be down in the sewing room busy. I guess if the power goes off I can always do some hand stitching by the light of the window. I will be linking up at the following…

Links
One Monthly Goal at Elm Street Quilts
WOW – WiPs on Wednesday at Esther’s blog
UFO/Get it Done at Patchwork Times
Let’s Bee Social at Sew Fresh Quilts


Have a wonderful Wednesday!

16 comments:

  1. I cant believe how much you got done in one month, you must have worked so hard. I love your Sawtooth Cats, it looks so fun.Your Gypsy Wife is making me blush, I started mine months ago and haven't touched it since, ooooops!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love your trailers and especially your wonderful sawtooth Cats. Just great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck on your goals, you have some great projects here!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Busy last month, busy this month! Some great finishes in February, and I hope for the same in March.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am in awe of how much you got done this month! I love the vintage kitchen quilt - that woman is better than I wearing heels to make supper :) I keep looking at and adoring redwork blocks, so maybe I should keep my eyes open and add it to my quilty bucket list. I really want to see how you quilt the gypsy quilt, I have several sampler quilts in the works and I need more finishing ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on everything you got done in Feb, and best wishes for your long list for March!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You were very productive! Wonderful projects and solid plans for future fun. Congratulations

    ReplyDelete
  8. My goodness you have been busy. Well done on all your wonderful work, finished or not!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have so many wonderful projects and got a lot done in February. March looks just as busy or maybe busier. At least you will have a couple more days in which to get things done since it has more days than Feb. lol

    ReplyDelete
  10. wonderful finishes and fun projects to work on. I'm guessing you are never bored.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those cats are unique! Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and good luck on your project.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your Sawtooth Cats (and also your RSC kittens!). Great goal for March to move it forward.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm working on my 2015 RSC Sawtooth Stars also. I have 7 more to go. I don't know if I'm going to do the connecting squares or not yet. WE'll see how those 7 blocks go. Happy quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fantastic. love your cats especially, keep going and I will be back to enjoy your progress!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow! Lots of progress! I like the little clothesline mini, and those sawtooth cats are great too! I don't think I've seen a neutral gypsys wife quilt before - I really like it. Especially how the few dark pieces stand out!

    ReplyDelete
  16. You are one ambitious quilter! Good luck on your March goal!

    ReplyDelete