Pages

Monday, February 27, 2017

Monday Making

It’s near the end of the month, and I have finished some items that were on my February list, but there are several things I would still like to get accomplished this week in the sewing room.

First on my list is to participate once again in the Project Quilting Challenge, #8.5 – Well-Dressed Man.  I know exactly what I am going to do for it, and the working title is “What the Well-Dressed Man is Wearing…Underneath.” I have the fabrics picked out and I even know where the final home of this project will be. I’m hoping I can get this one finished by Tuesday evening. I haven’t participated in the last two challenges, so I’m looking forward to this one. I’ll share more when I get it finished.

Once that is completed, I plan on doing some block piecing. Here are the blocks I want to work on:

The next block in the “Have a Jolly Little Christmas” QAL came out Saturday, and it’s a cute Poinsettia block. I will search through my shelves and find some appropriate red and green fabrics for these blocks. I might even make some extra blocks for this one because I think it would make a great table runner.

I also need to get to work on the 365 Challenge blocks. I will start with the current week’s blocks, and then try to catch up on the past several weeks.

I want to complete Step 2 of the Two-Step Mystery at From My Carolina Home. I still need to cut some fabric for this step, so I hope to at least get the pieces cut this week. The sewing is pretty quick.

And finally, I hope to get some Wonky Halloween 9-patch blocks done. I do them three at a time, so if I can get three blocks pieced I will be happy. It takes about a half hour to do three blocks, so I can fit it in somewhere, I’m sure.

Other than that, I still plan on working on my February UFO – Sawtooth Cats…



I’m working on piecing one of the side borders. Once that’s done I will get going on the other side border. Here are the top and bottom border done…



This isn’t hard; it’s just a matter of selecting and prepping the fabrics, then doing the paper piecing. The piecing gets tedious; there are 21 different pieces in 10 inches. So, you’re working along and think you’ve accomplished a lot, then realize you’ve only gone about 7-8 inches. The side borders are 80 inches long, so I don’t even want to do the math to see how many pieces there are in it (OK, about 168 maybe?)

Good news – I think I figured out my problems with my long arm. It seems to be working well now, so I will try to get a couple of charity quilts done on it this week. I can probably work on that in the evenings. Then next week, I hope to get the Gypsy Wife put on it.

That’s about it. I’m off to run a few errands this morning, then I have to get some English muffins made for hubby. Tonight is left over lasagna for dinner, so I can work late in the sewing room this afternoon. I hope you all have a wonderful week, and I will be linking up with Love Laugh Quilt for Monday Making.




1 comment:

  1. Lots going on in your studio! Love the border of your sawtooth cats quilt! What was the problem with your longarm? Good to hear it's up and running again.

    ReplyDelete