Pages

Friday, February 17, 2017

Friday Finishes

I had a couple of fun finishes for this week. First, I finally finished Suki Goes Camping



It’s even hung up on the wall in my hubby’s home office.

I also finished up the Vintage Kitchen wall hanging…



It’s still hanging out on the dining room table waiting for a permanent place in my kitchen. I’ll probably hang it this weekend.

I also finished up two bow blocks for the Have a Jolly Little Christmas QAL…



I already have six completed blocks for this QAL. Yay!

Yesterday I finally pulled out my February UFO from its project box and took a good look at it.




This is Sawtooth Cats, a pattern by Janet Miller (from The City Stitcher).  I was very pleased to see that I actually have already added all of the cat tails. The last photo I have of this quilt top has more than half of the tails missing, and I thought I was going to have to attach those. But no! Yay! I also have one border completed…



I still have three borders to paper piece and attach. I will probably also add an additional border outside the pieced border before quilting it. I think I would like that added cushion between the piecing and the binding. I use a walking foot to attach bindings, and I usually take a generous ¼” seam, so I don’t want to lose the points to the binding. So, yesterday afternoon I turned on some Downton Abbey and sorted through my huge scrap bin to come up with pieces for the borders. I probably have plenty from that so I don’t think I will have to search through my fabric shelves to finish this top. I’m actually getting excited to get working on this top today!

So, that’s what’s on tap for this Friday…paper piecing the borders. I can hear some groans out there, but I actually like paper piecing. Time to get to it. I will be linking up with Sarah at Confessions of a Fabric Addict for Can I Get a Whoop! Whoop! Head over for some fun finishes and I hope you all have a great weekend!


4 comments:

  1. Wow, that wallhanging with the campers is adorable -- and I am just in love with your Sawtooth Cats. I've never seen anything like it before, but I have a dear friend who is a cat lover and it would be perfect for her. Any idea whether the pattern is still available, and where I might be able to find it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your camping quilt! I'm going to send a link to your post to my friend Joannie who also loves camping. And of course I love your two dogs. My pug boys have the same coats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have been very productive. I especially like Suki Goes Camping, my daughter has a camper van and would love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am loving ALL of your projects. I wish I could sew faster so that I could get everything done that I love! Jadahlgr at Yahoo dot Com

    ReplyDelete