Pages

Thursday, February 16, 2017

A Vintage Finish

I finally finished the Vintage Kitchen wall hanging…



This is from a Block of the Month from Jenny of Elefantz back in 2015. At the time, I completed all of the embroidered blocks; and there it sat.

Judy at Patchwork Times is encouraging us to work on our UFOs this year, one month at a time, and Vintage Kitchen was my January project. I was able to get the blocks put into a top, but it waited until now to get finished. It really wasn’t that hard, it was just taking the time to work on it in between everything else. But, I sat down yesterday and got it quilted and the binding attached. This morning I finished hand stitching the binding, then signed the back. You can see the (very) simple quilting I did on it better from the back of the quilt…



I just quilted around the blocks on the front in matching (blue) thread, then used an invisible thread (with white bobbin thread) to stipple on the top and bottom panels. Quick and easy, and now, ready to hang. I will hang this up using Command hook and loop hangers. I will be remodeling the kitchen this year, and these are colors I want in it…so it will work out great.


The red solid is backing fabric I have had sitting on my shelves for probably 20 years. I rarely use solid fabrics, so it was nice to use some of this up. 

Another project done! This is one of my First Quarter goals for the 2017 Finish-A-Long, so I will be linking up there when it goes live next month. For today, I will be linking up with My Quilt Infatuation for Needle and Thread Thursday. Check out all of the great projects there…and have a great Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment