Pages

Friday, February 3, 2017

A February Finish


This is a Valentine’s Day mini quilt that I started (and finished!) on Wednesday. It’s a free pattern from the Temecula Quilt Company called Box of Chocolates. Mine is called A Little Bit of Love. It is teeny. It only finishes 8 x 10, and I had planned on putting it in my table top quilt stand, but it is a bit too small for it. My stand will hold 12 x 13, and there is just way too much empty space at the bottom to look right. That’s fine, though. I have other places to put it, or I will use it as a mug/snack rug. There is some coordinating fabric on the back…



If I had to do this over again, I would swap the side border fabric for the background/setting blocks fabric. When I laid out the fabrics before cutting I really thought the pink would be best as the background, but the little red heart blocks get a bit lost in it. Live and learn…

Yesterday I also cut out fabric for some blocks and I used some scrap flannel to put together a couple of Kennel Quilt tops…



I’ve almost used up all of these old flannel scraps, and I’m so glad to have them off my shelves. I will get these tops sewn to backing fabrics and get them ready to ship out when needed.

Today I need to run a few errands this morning, then after that it will be a Block Party here. I hope to get several blocks completed this afternoon from various projects. At lunchtime, I will get dinner going in the Instant Pot…a slow cooker version of Mexican Rice and Beans from Forks Over Knives.

Hubby has to do some work this weekend, so I will plan on spending that time in my sewing room quilting Suki Goes Camping. It’s getting closer to being done! I’m ready for it to be out of the sewing room.

For today I will be linking up with Sarah at Confessions of a Fabric Addict for Can I Get a Whoop! Whoop! I hope you check out all of the great finishes in her link up party.


Have a wonderful weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment