Pages

Monday, January 16, 2017

It’s Challenging!

The second Project Quilting Challenge for 2017 was announced yesterday…Carolina Lily. There are some traditional block patterns for it, but when I did an internet search and saw all the lovely images of lilies online, I decided I wanted to do applique. So, I searched through a couple of my quilt block books and found this one from Better Homes and Gardens 501 Quilt Blocks…



Then I got my plan together…



This morning I used freezer paper to cut out the pieces, and I have some on my background ready to stitch down. I will start that later today.

This morning I also sorted through my fabrics and now have my first 16 circles ready to go for Quilty365



This will end up being a diary of my sewing for this year, I think. These fabrics are all from projects that I have dealt with so far this year. I think as I work on a project I will just cut a 4” square from the fabric I use for another circle. I’m using 5” neutral background squares with a 3” finished circle.

I was also able to (FINALLY) figure out a block for our outgoing quilt guild president. Here are the fabrics I am using…



The print fabric is her fabric that she wants in each block. I have decided on a Puss in the Corner block so the print will be a larger square in the middle and the dark brown will be the corner squares. The cream fabric will make up the sides. These blocks I’m making for my Kitties in the Middle project are the same pattern, just to give you an idea…



The remainder of this week will be much like last. I will still be working on the same projects, and hopefully I will get some things accomplished! Tomorrow should be rainy, so after a quick trip to the grocery store in the morning, I will probably skip quilting bee and stay home to sew. Sounds like fun to me!

Linking up with:
Monday Making at Love Laugh Quilt

Main Crush Monday at Cooking Up Quilts

2 comments:

  1. Good luck on your challenge. Looking forward to seeing your version of the Carolina Lily.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've got some fun fabrics pulled for your lily. Good luck with the challenge block.

    ReplyDelete