Pages

Friday, January 27, 2017

Friday Finishes

It’s been a week since I posted anything. You would think I would have plenty to show for my time away from the computer…but, no. I accomplished little bits here and there in the sewing room. The big thing I did was (finally!) put away my Christmas village and get the sunroom straightened out to the point I think I can use the long arm machine again! Woo hoo!

I did have one big (for me) finish. I completed all of the detail stitching on the needlepoint cats…



It is completely done! I’m now waiting on a zippered pillow back, then I will make a pillow with it. This was a long time in the making (10+ years), so I’m really happy it’s done.

This morning I finished up this week’s blocks for the 365 Challenge…



I’m not totally happy with them all, but they will work in the end. This quilt will have a bazillion blocks (OK, maybe only 360+), so I think any that don’t please me will fade into the quilt top. If they really bother me when I put it together, I will just remake those blocks.

Yesterday I took a little time and made three more Wonky Halloween blocks…



These are fun and quick, but I forgot about this until yesterday. I will need to post a note to myself to make three blocks each week.

I also started using up some of my flannel scraps for the Scrap Dance Two-Step Mystery at From My Carolina Home. I've completed the first step...



Aside from those things, I have been working on quilting the Suki Goes Camping quilt, and I have been working on blocks for Quilty365. I will post my progress on that next week.

For today, I’ve made some granola and I have bread rising for dinner. I ran out and did a couple of errands, and now I’m home for the day. There were flurries coming down while I was out this morning, and the we are supposed to have a cold weekend, so I may just stay inside and sew. The rest of today will be spent quilting on Suki. I really would like to finish this up for January since it’s my One Monthly Goal.

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend and stay warm!


Linking up with Sarah at Confessions of a Fabric Addict for Can I Get a Whoop! Whoop!

No comments:

Post a Comment