Pages

Friday, January 6, 2017

Friday Finishes



I’ve started off this year spending some time in the sewing room, and I have some small finishes already!

First, I participated in Challenge #1 of Project Quilting at Persimon Dreams this week and made this little gal…



The theme this week was “8 is Great” and this mini appliqué quilt is called “Sk8 Gr8”. I originally wasn’t going to participate in Project Quilting this year, but this was a fun little project and it was great to get a project done from start to finish in just a week. I’m sure I will be playing along again.

I also finished quilting three Kennel Quilts for TQPM Kennel Quilt Team



I haven’t sent any for quite a while because I haven’t had any made and ready to go, so I am trying to get ahead of the game and have them ready to pack and ship when needed. I have five more ready to quilt, which shouldn’t take but about an hour to do them all. I’m sure I will find the time this weekend to do it.

The last finish of the week is the completion of all seven blocks for the first week of Kathryn Kerr’s 365 Challenge



These are pretty quick and easy so far. They only measure 3-1/2”, so some of them take about 5 minutes to cut and sew. The first one (the star on the top left) was an alternate New Year’s block and it was the most time consuming.  Seven down, 358 to go!

According to my desk calendar, today is Cuddle Up Day, and I think that is just what I will do for a bit today. It’s our first real snow day of winter, so it seems the perfect time to sit and stitch and watch the snow come down. But first, I have a load of household chores to do, including making English muffins, making soup for dinner, laundry, putting away holiday decorations….and the list goes on. Maybe by this afternoon I can cuddle up under a blanket. For now, I will be linking up with Sarah at Confessions of a Fabric Addict for Can I Get a Whoop! Whoop! and then I’m off to the laundry room. I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment