Pages

Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Carolina Lily

Yesterday was a rainy day here in Knoxville, TN, so it was a perfect sew day. I’m so excited that I was able to complete the second challenge for Project Quilting – Carolina Lily.

Monday I was able to get the appliqué pieces cut and did the needle turn stitching on them…



I have wanted to try working on thread painting for quite a while, but have just never done it. I thought this would be a good project for that. What I realized is that as long as there was no really good reason to try thread painting, I kept putting off trying it on a project. I would piddle around with it on some practice fabric, but never on a “real” project. Since I only had one week to complete this project, I had to just do it. So, it’s now done!



I am pretty happy with it. It’s about 9-1/2 inches square. This lattice fabric is on the back…



And this bright orange fabric is the binding…



I picked up the binding fabric off the free table at a quilt guild meeting and have been wanting to use it so badly! I think it works for this project.

This project went together rather quickly, and I am pleased with the result. Now I have to find a place to hang it!

I will be linking up at Persimon Dreams for the Project Quilting Challenge #2. Check out all of the great Carolina Lily-inspired projects.




4 comments:

  1. Fabulous finish! Nice work, and still with plenty of week left? Wow

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's gorgeous! LOVE the thread painting! Glad you gave it a try ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job creating the illusion of depth with your fabric selections and thread painting. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good job on the thread painting - really makes your lily sing!!

    ReplyDelete