Pages

Friday, January 20, 2017

Block Party!

I spent some time this week working on a variety of projects, and I’ve finished up a couple of things. I once again participated in the Project Quilting Challenge for this week, #8.2 – Carolina Lily.  I went back and forth on what I wanted to do, but I finally decided on an appliqué lily with some thread painting…



All done! The fun thing about Project Quilting is that it needs to be started and completed all within a week, so you can get a quick finish. There are some great projects this week and you can check them all out right here.

I was also able to complete the top to my Vintage Kitchen project…



This is from a 2015 BOM by Jenny of Elefantz, and I had a lot of fun with the embroidered blocks. I don’t know why it sat around for so long…it was a pretty simple finish. But, that happens sometimes. I love the kitchen fabric from Michael Miller…



Perfect for this project. The Vintage Kitchen is one of my projects for the 2017 Get It Done (UFOs) at Patchwork Times and for the first quarter of the Finish-A-Long at She Can Quilt. I’m well on my way to finishing this one. I have a solid red fabric for the binding, and I hope to get this quilted and bound in February (if not sooner!)

The rest of my sewing week was spent making some blocks. I (finally) completed the President’s Block for our outgoing quilt guild president…



Everyone got a piece of the fabric in the center of the block (fabric that she selected) and were asked to make a 10-inch (finished) block. I don’t know why it took me so long to figure this one out. I’ve had this since November! Anyway, it’s done now and I can give it to her next week.

I also started a quilt that is on my 2017 “To-Do” list…Wonky Halloween. Here are the three blocks I completed this week…




I hope to piece three blocks each week, then I should have them all done in a few months.

And finally, I made two stocking blocks for the “Have a Jolly Little Christmas” Quilt-A-Long at Sew Fresh Quilts




There are 15 blocks in this QAL, so I have decided to make two of each, which will give me a 30 block quilt. They are 12-inch blocks so that should give me a nice size quilt at the end.

So, that’s about all I “finished” this week. As for today, my desk calendar says that it is “Penguin Awareness Day”.



I’m a big fan of penguins, so I chose two penguin fabrics from my shelves to use for my Quilty365 project…



I will work on stitching those down today, along with some more Quilty365 blocks. I have only stitched down one so far (!), so I want to get a move on it. I hope for 400 blocks by year’s end. That should make a pretty big quilt top. We’ll see how it all works out.

The only other projects I might work on today is completing a second purple Kitten block for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge, and piecing the blocks for this week for the 365 Challenge. I haven’t done any of the blocks this week for 365 Challenge, so I’m a little behind (and it’s only the third week!) Hubby and I have been fighting off some respiratory bug the past couple of days, so I’ll see how I feel later today.

That’s about it from here. I will get a few more Quilty365 blocks ready to stitch, then go hang out on the couch for a bit with my needle and thread. Today I will be linking up with Sarah at Confessions of a Fabric Addict for Can I Get a Whoop! Whoop! Check out all the finishes at her linky party, and have a wonderful weekend!






1 comment:

  1. You sure have been a busy stitcher, Linda! All of your pieces are lovely. Those penguins are so adorable - my mom is a big fan of them too! So glad to have you quilting along in the Have A Jolly Little Christmas QAL. Your stockings blocks are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete