Pages

Thursday, December 8, 2016

UFO Sighting

I’ve decided to take a firm approach with my UnFinished Objects and try to get them done. I usually have so many projects going at once that things get lost in the shuffle, but I am going to try to make a concerted effort to clear out the UFOs and get them ready to quilt. First up is HocusPocusVille…



I finished the embroidered blocks back in February, and I picked up some Civil War reproduction fabrics to use for the pieced blocks way back then. Since then it has sat in its project box quietly. So, yesterday and today I pulled out the fabric and started cutting away at it. I’ve cut all the pieces for the 9 Patch blocks…



I will try to get them pieced this afternoon. I plan on doing the 365 Challenge for 2017 and I wanted to use the reproduction fabrics, so I needed to get these pieces cut so I can use the leftovers for that project. I still need to cut some light and dark squares and triangles for the rest of HPV, so maybe I will get those done later today or tomorrow. The remaining fabric will be available for 365C.

I’ve already run my errands this morning…I dropped off some quilts for donation to the victims of the fires in Sevier County and I stopped and picked up a Christmas gift…so this afternoon is all mine (other than laundry, which seems to be never-ending!) I will work on these 9 patches, then tomorrow afternoon I hope to get back to the Campers quilt top. For now, I will be linking up with Needle and Thread Thursday at My Quilt Infatuation. I hope you stop by to see the wonderful projects, and have a great day!



No comments:

Post a Comment