Pages

Tuesday, November 8, 2016

Late Start to November

My first post of November and it’s already the 8th of the month! We were camping most of last week, but when we got home we found we had a leak while we were gone. Yup, a big mess to clean up! So, that’s what’s been going on around here since the weekend. Fortunately, things are not as bad as it first looked, but it’s still a pain in the neck to deal with it all. Not what we had planned for right now. Anyway, I finally got back into the sewing room yesterday and here is what happened….



I put together the Vintage Holiday pillow cover. I used the “wrong” fabrics for the corners and side pieces (according to the instructions those two fabrics should be switched), but I kind of just skimmed over the instructions of which fabrics went where. It still turned out fine and I like the larger pieces with the trees. Anyway, it’s done and I like it. This is a gift and will soon be on its way to its new home. I may try to make another one for myself for next Christmas. I think it’s a really cute pattern.

This pillow cover has flaps on the back, with this cute vintage sign fabric…



This has been a fun project. I don’t make many pillows. I think I just don’t care for the process, especially the finishing, but this project may have swayed me to make more pillows. The back turned out really nicely, so I can see more pillow-making in my future.

That’s all I have done so far this month. I ran out to the post office this morning to ship a Christmas gift, and I stopped at the pet store to get food for the critters. I have lots of laundry to do today, and more wall paper stripping (my least favorite thing to do!) I also plan on slipping in some time in the sewing room. I will be starting a Christmas project starring this pretty girl…



She’s 10-1/2 now, and still a sweetie. Here is what she looked like the day we got her, 10 years ago…




Who could resist that face? Well, I’m off to get some things done. I will be linking up at Fiber Tuesday with The Quilting Room with Mel. Head over for some great projects.

No comments:

Post a Comment