Pages

Friday, November 18, 2016

Friday Finishes

Sunrise through the smoke 11-18-16

The fires are still burning around here and creating a bit of color at sunrise. Hopefully the rain that is supposed to come through tonight/tomorrow will help with the fires. We have only had about 3-4 rain “episodes” in the past few months here at my house…so unusual here. Our “episodes” of rain have only been 20 minutes or so; not a day full of rain. Hopefully the fires will be out soon and the air will clear and we still start getting rain soon…and be able to breathe when we go outside. This is the first autumn I’ve been in East TN (19 years) that I haven’t been able to open windows in the fall to enjoy the weather. Such a strange fall around here.

I made a little progress this week on the Christmas Circles quilt…that’s what I’m calling it for now. I finished sewing the charm pack squares to the layer cake squares, then at Bee on Tuesday I cut out the fabric behind the smaller squares.



I then took those cut out pieces of fabric and ran them through my AccuQuilt Go! cutter with the circle dye, so now I have lots of circles.



I then started sewing the circles onto the smaller squares on the blocks.



I’m doing this all raw edge appliqué, though you could use any method you would like. I have about 10 of these blocks completed, but I still have quite a few to go…42 in total. They will then be ready to put into a top. I’m pretty excited about that!

The only other work I have been doing this week has been on my needlepoint cats.



I’ve made some progress on this since last time I’ve shown a photo of it. I have some of the flames and the middle part of the cats to complete. I’m really trying to get this one done soon. I also hope to spend some more time next week working on the Campers blocks, though I will only have a couple of days for that. I will try to get a couple of the backgrounds of the blocks done today.

For now though, I will be linking up with Sarah at Confessions of a Fabric Addict for Can I Get a Whoop! Whoop! Check out all of the great finishes there!


1 comment:

  1. Love your little Christmas blocks. It's so hard to believe that next week is Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete