Pages

Friday, November 11, 2016

Friday Finishes

I’m still stripping wall paper, but I got a little bit of sewing in this week.

I did finish this Vintage Holiday pillow…



This is a gift and is now winging its way across the country. I really am very happy with how it turned out and I plan on making another one for myself…hopefully for next Christmas.

I also finished up my crochet project…a poncho!



This isn’t a great photo, but this is a really easy pattern from Red Heart. I’ve never made a poncho, so I decided to make this one (minus the fringe). I plan on keeping this in the trailer for those cold evenings by the campfire in the spring and late fall. I had a lot of fun working on it, but I’m glad it’s done because crochet and knitting give my hands fits (carpel tunnel from my secretarial days!) Also, when I finished I only had about 20 inches of yarn left - woo hoo! It's great to use up all of the yarn and not have half a skein sitting around!

I also completed two blocks for a Christmas gift quilt from this pattern by Amy Bradley Designs…



I’m veering from the pattern (a lot!), but I am using the ideas and some of the applique pieces. I’m only using one of the trailer patterns throughout the quilt rather than all eight. Here is a peak at one of the blocks…

Mr. Owl


And this is the star of the quilt…

Suki girl


That’s about it from here. I hope to finish stripping the wall paper today, then by the end of the weekend we hope to be painting and finish up the laundry room. I don’t think I will get any work done in the sewing room until later next week, but we’ll see. For now, I will be linking up with Sarah at Confessions of a Fabric Addict for Can I Get a Whoop! Whoop! Check out all of the great finishes this week.




No comments:

Post a Comment