Pages

Monday, October 3, 2016

What’s Up for Monday

Yesterday I was able to box up all of the remaining “stuff” from our yard sale, so now it’s ready to go to the thrift store. The local furniture ministry will be by on Wednesday to get all of the leftover furniture, then we can get rid of the boxes and the garage will be empty-ish. It will be a relief to get rid of all of that stuff we no longer need or use.

Today I spent a little bit of time in the sewing room. First, I laid out the completed 4-Patches on my design wall to get an idea of how many I had…and how many more I have to go!



I actually have quite a few, but it will require many more to make a nice size quilt. Fortunately, I have plenty more pairs to sew into 4-Patches. I like the idea of setting these on point because it is such a simple block. I rarely set blocks on point, so this would be a good exercise for me.

I also worked a bit on the neutral Gypsy Wife and I have completed most of the blocks for the final section. I have three more blocks to make, then I can start putting the section together (the strips are already cut). I think I have reached a point on this where I am soooo ready to have it done. I will finish up the last three blocks on Wednesday and maybe it will get done then.

Tomorrow will be Quilting Bee day and I plan on hand stitching the binding on the Witches Hooray table runner. I will probably bring another Bird Dance block to work on too, in case I finish up the binding quickly. You never know…sometimes I accomplish a lot there and sometimes we’re talking so much that not much sewing actually gets done. When I get home, I will probably try to put together some strip sets for guild charity quilts. Tomorrow night is also guild night, so it should be a busy day for me.

I need to start thinking about dinner for tonight. We’re planning on chili cheese fries with leftover chili from this weekend. Today is about the last day it will feel cool enough for chili until next weekend, so we might as well take advantage of it! We have also started our annual monster movie month-long marathon here. I think tonight we may watch The Haunting from 1963 (I think). We try to watch several old monster movies each week during October. We don’t have cable, but we have plenty of them on DVD, plus Netflix. We are easily entertained around here.


That’s about it for today. I will be linking up over at Cooking Up Quilts for Main Crush Monday and at Patchwork Times for Design Wall Monday. I hope you head over for some great projects! And have a wonderful week!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a solid plan for getting some fun stitching done this week. I love some of the older Halloween movies, enjoy your viewing adventures.

    ReplyDelete