Pages

Wednesday, October 12, 2016

Wednesday Quilting

This is what is under my sewing machine needle right now…



I started quilting the Gypsy Wife batik quilt top this week. Right now I’m using a serpentine decorative stitch with my walking foot to quilt along the background strips. I haven’t decided exactly yet what I am going to do with each block, but I’m leaning towards free-motion quilting each one. Some may just be stitched in the ditch, but I’ll probably make that decision when I come to each block. Right now I’m thinking swirls would work in some of the filler blocks.

I was also able to complete the quilt top for the neutral version of the Gypsy Wife, and I will share that on Friday.

Today I am planning on spending as much time as possible working on quilting. Our last class for this quilt is Saturday, so I would like to have all of the background strips quilted by then. Hopefully that will happen! Other than that, I have some burrito fixin’s in the crock pot, and that will be dinner tonight (plus plenty for the freezer!)

I hope you have a wonderful Wednesday!


No comments:

Post a Comment