Pages

Thursday, October 27, 2016

The Last Thursday of October

October is quickly coming to an end and we still can’t figure out what season it is here. It has been nice and brisk here with a few days with highs in the 60s and now low 70s, but starting Saturday and going through next week we will be in the 80s again. For the past couple of years we have had a little snow fall in the first week of November; but not this year! I’m grateful for no bitter cold, but consistent cool fall weather would be nice.

I was able to work towards my scrappy goal of making more 4-patches in October.



I now have 71 four-patches completed. I am not sure how many I will end up making, but I hope to get around to putting these on the design wall in November and seeing where I stand with them. With Christmas coming up quickly, I need to set this aside and make sure the holidays are taken care of first! I have to finish a small project for Christmas, add labels to a couple of quilts, make more pillowcases, and then my last Christmas project will primarily be applique, so I don’t think leaders and enders will work out with that, so I will just not stress on it and set the 4-patches aside for now.

I am close to done on the batik Gypsy Wife. I have binding hand-stitched down around about ¾ of the quilt.



I plan on sitting down this morning and finishing this one up. I will be so excited to get this done.

Other than that, I need to deal with the tree guy whenever he gets here, run over to vote after lunch, and then the rest of the day at home will be spent working on charity quilt blocks. I hope to make some headway on those. I finished cutting the strip sets yesterday, so today will just be piecing 9-patches. So, what’s on your agenda for today? I hope you have a good one!


Linking up with Needle and Thread Thursday at My Quilt Infatuation.

No comments:

Post a Comment