Pages

Thursday, October 20, 2016

Needle & Thread Thursday

We spent a few days early this week camping. It is so nice to get away into the woods and be away from technology…although it also means time away from sewing. We do trailer camping, so I could take my sewing machine, but I choose not to. I usually take books and some hand stitching. This week I mostly worked on a crochet project. We are camping once more this fall before we close out the 2016 camping season, and I’m looking forward to some peace and quiet once more.

Yesterday (in between laundry breaks) I was able to finish up sewing strip sets for the 9-patch blocks for some charity quilts.



I have 60 strip sets which will give me somewhere around 150 9-patch blocks. I believe that will be enough for 6 of the quilts our guild is putting together. I need to get these finished by next weekend. Hopefully I can accomplish that.

For today I plan to try to finish up FMQ on the batik Gypsy Wife…



I have all of the walking foot work done; now I just need to get all of the blocks done. They will be quilted very simply, so I’m hoping it goes quickly. My goal is to have the quilting done and binding attached no later than Monday. Then I should be able to take it to Tuesday Bee next week and hand stitch the binding.

That’s about it from here. I need to run some errands and continue with the laundry pile from camping. In the meantime, I will be linking up at My Quilt Infatuation for Needle & Thread Thursday. Head over for some great projects.


No comments:

Post a Comment