Pages

Saturday, October 1, 2016

It’s October Already!

There is so much I love about October. I love watching old monster movies like Dracula and The Wolfman; I love getting out long sleeved shirts because I know one day soon it will get cooler here; and I love making soup and chili in the crock pot. Fall is just my favorite time of year. Today has been a beautiful first day of October, with mostly sunny skies and temperatures in the 70s. We had a humongous yard sale this morning, and though we still have lots we didn’t sell, we got rid of quite a bit. The furniture and stuffed animals that are left from the sale will be going to the ministry of a local church next week, and the rest will probably be boxed up and headed for the thrift store soon. I am pooped this afternoon, so I don’t think I will be doing much in the sewing room today. But fortunately I have 30 more days in October to do some sewing!

I have a huge list of “to-dos” for October (but I usually do!) First, I want to quilt and bind my batik Gypsy Wife quilt. I have the top all done and ready to go…



I hope to put it on the long arm next week and get cracking on it. I am planning a simple all over design, so I hope it won’t take long. This will be my One Monthly Goal for October at Red Letter Quilts.

I also plan on finishing the top for the neutral version of the Gypsy Wife. My last class for this quilt will be in two weeks, so I hope to have the neutral top completed by then.

I finished up the quilting on the Witches Hooray embroidery…



I have attached binding by machine, now I just need to hand stitch it down. I hope to go to Tuesday Bee this week and complete it there. Otherwise, I will get to it sometime this week so I can hang it on the wall before Halloween.

The only other projects I hope to work on are Christmas gifts, so I can’t really talk about them, plus I hope to finish up a crochet poncho and my needlepoint project. Any extra time I have in the sewing room I hope to spend on making blocks for charity quilts for our guild and some kennel quilts. I haven’t worked on kennel quilts for quite a while, so I would like to get some more completed.

That’s about it. I think it’s time for a nap. I will link up at Red Letter Quilts for One Monthly Goal when it goes live. I hope you all have a wonderful October!


5 comments:

  1. Wow, you have (or almost have) two gypsy wife quilts. This batik one is gorgeous! Best of luck on finishing that one. I think my favorite as they were going along was the neutral one, but we'll see if that's still true when I see it finished. This one is looking awfully terrific, and I love batiks, too! Best of luck this month on all your goals!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Batik Gypsy Wife turned out beautifully. So did your Witches stitchery. Good luck with your goals for October.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cute stitchery and a very colourful gypsy quilt happening there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such cute projects! It's true, with Christmas around the corner, there is much secret sewing going on!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That embroidery is precious! Thank you for linking up with your lovely Gypsy Wife, I hope you are in progress:)
    I can't think of a better Saturday morning than one spent at the garage sale of a quilter - my oh my!

    ReplyDelete