Pages

Friday, October 7, 2016

Friday Finishes

My first finish for October is the Witches Hooray table runner…



Here is the bright orange backing…



This was a very fun project to work on. I am going to get it hung up on the wall today. If you like this pattern, it is a Bird Brain Design.

Yesterday I was also able to finish up the blocks for the last section of the neutral version of the Gypsy Wife quilt…



Please pardon the painter’s tape on my makeshift design wall!

I must admit that while I was making these blocks I was reaching my limit with the Gypsy Wife and I was so glad I’m almost done. It has been a fun project, but making two in ten months, along with everything else I’ve been working on, has been a bit much. But I can see the finish line from here! Today I will start putting this last section together with the background strips and I hope that by the end of the weekend I have the top put together. I’ve decided that a border would not add anything to this quilt top, so I’m going to leave it without a border. That makes it even closer to being done! I will try to get both Gypsy Wife quilts tops quilted before the end of the year.

So, I have a bit of house “stuff” to take care of this morning, and I am going to do a bit of work on some genealogy, but I do hope to work on the Gypsy Wife after lunch. I hope you all have a wonderful Friday and everyone in the path of Matthew stays safe!

Linking up with Sarah at Confessions of a Fabric Addict for Can I Get a Whoop! Whoop!



No comments:

Post a Comment