Pages

Friday, October 28, 2016

Finishes Friday!

I was able to finish hand stitching the binding down on the batik Gypsy Wife yesterday morning, so it’s done!



I hope to get a better photo soon, but I didn’t have my handy (and tall) husband around to hold it up for me. I’m so pleased with how it turned out. I have a label ready for it, so I might try to get it on this weekend and run it through the wash, then it will be ready to go to its new home. I had a lot of fun (and a few headaches) making this quilt, and I’m so happy it’s completed. This was my goal for One Monthly Goal for October, so I will be linking up with the finishes party over at Red Letter Quilts. Go check out some great finishes for October.

I had a couple of other finishes for October. First, I finished the Witches Hooray wall hanging. Actually it’s a table runner, but in my house it’s a wall hanging.



I really enjoyed the embroidery on this and I am so happy with how the borders turned out. I also like the hot fix crystals and nail heads I added…a little bling never hurts! This is on the wall in my living room as soon as you walk in, so it’s front and center. It will need to come down after next week, but I have an old wall hanging that will fit in the same spot which will work for the fall. I do have a holiday/winter wall hanging pattern in mind to make to put up in the same spot after Thanksgiving, assuming I have the time to make it!

I also finished the neutral Gypsy Wife top in October.



This one will be going up on my living room wall. I know how I am going to quilt it, and I have the backing and batting for it. It should be easy quilting, so now I just have to take the time for it. Hopefully it will be hanging up by Christmas.

That’s about all I have completed for October. I still need to work on blocks for our guild charity quilts, but that will be done by the weekend. So, that about wraps up October here in my sewing room. I probably won’t be posting much over the next week since we will be taking the trailer out one more time this year and celebrating our anniversary. Woo hoo! I will plan on taking a small hand stitching project, even though I never seem to get much accomplished when we go camping. But it should be lovely weather and a nice quiet trip.

I hope you have a wonderful week and Happy Halloween. Stay safe!


Linking up with Sarah at Confessions of a Fabric Addict for Can I Get a Whoop! Whoop!

3 comments:

  1. Wow! Both of your Gypsy Wife quilts came out so striking! Isn’t it amazing how much color choices change the look of the quilt? They’re both truly beautiful!
    I’ve been following your progress on your Witches Hooray wall hanging and am so amazed at how quickly you finished it. Love those borders! It is a nice balance of focusing my eye on the embroidery work and then the playful border! Amazing job!
    Thank you for sharing!
    Happy Anniversary!
    Patricia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! You did great this month! Love both of your gypsy wife Quilts. And the little wall hanging is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both Gypsy Wife quilts turned out beautifully! As did your fun wall hanging. Enjoy the camping this weekend. Looking forward to seeing what you pick for November as your monthly goal.

    ReplyDelete