Pages

Tuesday, October 25, 2016

Binding On

Yesterday I machine stitched the binding onto the batik Gypsy Wife quilt.



Now it is all attached and ready for hand stitching.



I started stitching it down last night and made a little progress, but I hope to get much more done today. I originally was going to take it to Tuesday Quilting Bee today and work on it for a few hours, but I am only going to be able to make a quick trip to Bee today. I need to be home for a mail delivery today, but I also need to drop a few things off at Bee. So, my plan is to run to Bee, drop off my items, stop back by the vet to get dog medicine, then be back home all in less than an hour. Hopefully the mail won’t have gotten here in the meantime. If it does, at least the package won’t be sitting on the porch for long.

Yesterday I also cut 16 of the strip sets cut for 9-patch blocks for our guild charity quilts. I also have 36 more strip sets to cut.



I hope to get more of the strip sets cut today too, then the rest of the week I can piece 9-patches. Once the cutting is done, the piecing goes quickly.

Other than that, I will probably take a nap this afternoon…rough night last night. Also, we had an earthquake here in East TN last night. I didn’t feel this one, but I did feel one here many years ago. Growing up in Southern California, I am kind of used to them, so the one last night (2.7 on the Richter Scale) must not have made much of an impression on me J

I hope you all have a great Tuesday!


No comments:

Post a Comment