Pages

Monday, October 24, 2016

Almost Done

I am done quilting the batik Gypsy Wife quilt.



I kept the quilting simple (for the most part), and just quilted around the blocks in the ditch and did some in-the-ditch quilting in some of the blocks. Other blocks I added petal or leaf type motifs. I am pleased with how it turned out, though some of the quilting is not the best…but it will do. Here are some of the blocks close-up.




The background strips were just quilted over the seams using the walking foot and a serpentine decorative stitch from my machine.



All that remains is the binding. I have plenty of extra backing fabric, so I will use that as the binding. Here it is on top of the quilt (at the bottom of the photo).



Today I will prepare the binding and attach it by machine. Then I hope to hand stitch the binding down this week. This project is my One Monthly Goal, so I’m on track to finish it before October is over.

Once that binding is attached, I need to spend some more time working on 9-patch blocks for charity quilts. I need to turn them in on Sunday, so I hope I can complete them all by then. If not, then I will just turn in the strip sets and someone else will be able to make up the blocks; but I should have the time this week.

That’s about it from here. I have a newsletter for our quilt guild I need to get out this week, and Fall is in full swing in east TN, so we are enjoying the cooler days (and nights). Leaves are starting to pile up, so once we’re done with our final round of camping next week, it will be on to raking up leaves. I hope you all have a wonderful week!


Linking up with Main Crush Monday at Cooking Up Quilts

1 comment:

  1. Your quilt is so beautiful! I especially liked the curved quilting on the purple pinwheel! It adds such movement! :) Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete