Pages

Thursday, September 22, 2016

Needle and Thread Thursday

There is just a little bit of sewing going on around here these days. I decided to try to finish up some small projects so I can feel like I have accomplished something! First on the list is the Witches Hooray table runner that I started earlier this year.  It includes an embroidered center, and I finished that up in June. Here is the center panel…



This week I have been able to add the inner borders and get the blocks for the pieced border done…



I also played around with some hot-fix crystals on it - probably a bit too much bling, but I had fun! I will trim up the last several quarter-square triangle blocks today, then get to piecing the border. When I get that done I will add another light colored border, then it will be ready to quilt. If I work hard at it, I may get it done and ready to hang on the wall in time for October next weekend.

That’s about all of the sewing going on here. Today I will work on the witches, then we will be head-first into the yard sale on Saturday. Tomorrow will be hauling stuff out to the garage, pricing some things, and looking for those last minute items to get rid of! It will be a hot one Saturday, and there’s a UT home game in the afternoon, so fingers crossed that plenty of people come by the sale. Whatever is left will be hauled over to the thrift store. I’m so looking forward to all of these “things” being out of the house!


I hope you have a wonderful Thursday and a great weekend. I probably won’t be back until the weekend is over, but in the meantime I will be linking up at Needle and Thread Thursday over at My Quilt Infatuation. Head over for some great projects!

2 comments:

  1. I have been meaning to do a Halloween project, but it always creeps up on me and I don't think about it until it is too late. I like this one. Super cute! Can't wait to see it complete.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! Your border blocks are the perfect choice! Oh, about the bling....can we ever have too much bling? I don't think so! :) Looking so forward to seeing the finish! :)

    ReplyDelete