Pages

Friday, September 9, 2016

Friday Finishes

It’s been a while, but I actually got something done in the little time I spent in the sewing room the past week or so. I was able to finish the 42 blocks from the Moda Jol fabric line charm pack and jelly roll…



I’m not sure if this is the layout I will end up with, but it’s close.  I have some jelly roll fabric left along with a white jelly roll, so I plan on sewing those strips together and making a border with 2-1/2 inch blocks, alternating the white with the patterned fabric. Hopefully it will turn out OK. I will probably start on that next week.

I was able to get a little hand stitching done the past couple of weeks as well. Earlier this year I had pieced some background fabric for the blocks for Bird Dance by Sue Spargo.



For the last two weeks I have been able to make it to the weekly quilting bee for our guild and I decided stitching the birds onto the background would be a good portable project for this, so I have two done now…



I am part way through a third one and then I have three more birds cut out and ready to stitch. Going to the bee will give me the opportunity to get this project done a little more quickly. It would probably just languish in its project box otherwise!


That’s it from here for now. I will be linking up with Sarah at Confessions of a Fabric Addict for Can I Get a Whoop! Whoop! I hope you head over to see what wonderful projects have been created this week, and have a great weekend!

1 comment:

  1. I like the red quilt (red is my favorite color). Have fun stitching your birds.

    ReplyDelete