Pages

Friday, September 16, 2016

Flimsy Finish for Friday

Let’s start off with a nice alliteration this morning. But I do have a flimsy finished…



This is the completed top for my batik version of the Gypsy Wife quilt. I still have to trim up some strips on the bottom, but it is ready to quilt. I have a class for this tomorrow, then our last class is next month. I hope to get some walking foot quilting done on it before that last class. I think I will use a serpentine stitch on my machine to quilt down the seams of all of the background strips, then I will Free-Motion Quilt the various blocks. I’m not sure what I will put in the blocks, but I suspect I will make it up as I go along. I’m so happy to have this top done and I am pleased with how it turned out. There will be no border on this one, so what you see is what you get.

As for the neutral version of the Gypsy Wife, I am all caught up for my class tomorrow on that one…



Here it is with all of the completed sections so far. All that remains is Section 10, which goes in the bottom left corner. The entire right side of the top is sewn together, and the top left is together. Once Section 10 is done I will sew it to the top left, then I will sew the two sides together and the top will be done. I do plan on adding a border to this one, but I should be able to complete all of the sections by the October class. This probably won’t get done until closer to the end of the year. I’m really pleased with this top as well.

That’s about it from here this week. I have done a little bit of needlepoint and crochet this week, but nothing much. I’ll probably talk more about the needlepoint on Sunday. For today, I hope to finish quilting a charity quilt for Ronald McDonald House, and probably do some cleaning and garage sale prep. Hopefully the weather will be nice next Saturday and we can have the sale and unload some of our stuff.  For now, I will be linking up with Sarah at Confessions of a Fabric Addict for Can I Get a Whoop! Whoop! Head over for some great projects!

Linking up with -
Main Crush Monday at Cooking Up Quilts



No comments:

Post a Comment