Pages

Friday, September 23, 2016

A Change in Plans

After watching the weather forecast this morning, we decided to postpone our yard sale until next weekend for a few reasons. First, 75 degrees and sunny next Saturday sounds a whole lot better to me than 91 degrees and sunny tomorrow. Second, a lot of surrounding neighborhoods are having their annual yard sale days next Saturday, so there should be plenty of people driving around. And finally, there is no home game next weekend for the UT Vols, so there will be plenty of people out and about, rather than at the game. So, that just means I can spend some time today quilting rather than prepping for a yard sale. Yay!

Yesterday I finished up the borders on the Witches Hooray table runner, so now it’s ready to quilt…



That’s what I plan to do today. As you can tell, I added some hot fix crystals and nail heads already, so I will be quilting around those. I still need to attach the bodies to the spiders, but the crystals won’t get here until tomorrow, so that will wait until I’m done with the quilting. My goal is to get this quilted and the binding attached by the time I head out to the Tuesday quilting bee, so I can hand stitch the binding down at bee. We shall see what I get accomplished.

This weekend (instead of the yard sale) we have decided to finish painting the living room – we still have the one wall with the windows. In the morning I’ll have to help get the curtains and blinds down. Then we can pick up some new ones next week – yay! After 17 years, they are in need of a change (or I am!) Once that is done, all of the main living spaces will have been painted, leaving just the bedrooms and kitchen. The kitchen is due for a major remodel, so that won’t be happening until at least next year. But maybe we can still get a couple of the bedrooms painted this fall.

This Sunday afternoon is also our guild Sit & Sew for Ronald McDonald House Quilts. We will be doing some cutting and kitting up of fabric for an event in November, so hopefully we can get a lot done. I’ll have a new blade in my rotary cutter ready to go!


For now, I will be linking up with Sarah at Confessions of a Fabric Addict for Can I Get a Whoop! Whoop! Head over to see what everyone has been up to this week…and have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment