Pages

Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Scraps Finish for August and Goals for September

It’s a two-for-one day at Confessions of a Fabric Addict, so we are talking about our August finishes AND our September goals for our scraps. My goal for August was to continue stitching together my 2-1/2” scrap squares into two-piece units. I completed 155 pairs in August! Yay! And I pretty much cleared out my light 2-1/2” squares bin…



Not to worry. I pulled some more light 2-1/2” strips from my scrap bin and have them pressed and ready to trim up into squares. 



I hope to get through these today. I need to spend a little more time cutting more squares from my scraps, but I think it will need to wait until I have all of the blocks from the neutral Gypsy Wife completed. Once those are done, I will have a lot of lights that I can cut up. I also have a huge bin full (again) of scraps that needs some taming.

In September I plan on continuing with the 2-1/2 inch squares, as well as going through my bin and prepping some more scraps to use. I also hope to make some more kennel quilts using some of those scraps. I should be able to use up some 6-1/2” squares and 2-1/2” strips for those.

The only other work I have done in the sewing room this week is to start on a Christmas quilt using a charm pack and jelly roll from Moda’s Jol line of fabrics…



I’m just surrounding the 5 inch charms with jelly roll sashing to create blocks like this…



Quick and easy. I will probably just work on these blocks the rest of the week, then start back in on the Gypsy Wife next week.

I will be linking up at Confessions of a Fabric Addict for I May Have a Scrap Problem. I hope you stop by to see how everyone else is taming their scraps.


1 comment:

  1. Wow, Linda, you sure made those scraps disappear! And I really love your Christmas quilt - that's a fun pattern. Can't wait to see the finished quilt top!

    ReplyDelete