Pages

Thursday, August 4, 2016

Needle & Thread Thursday

This week I have been working on my batik Gypsy Wife quilt. I have the top sections completed…



Now I am working on the bottom sections. I completed the section in the far right bottom corner…



The past couple of days I have been working on the blocks to put in the final two sections. This is a Block of the Month class I am taking at a local quilt shop, and I am working ahead a little. But the last two sections are the largest sections of the quilt and I wanted to make sure I could get them done (plus I am making two of these quilts, so the more I can get done ahead of time, the better). During the most recent class the instructor helped us identify which blocks were used in the last sections (it’s not completely clear in the instructions) so now I know what needs to be made to complete them. Here are the blocks I have completed so far this week…



The blocks on the left side are complete and are for the last section (Section 10). The blocks on the right are for the section we are supposed to work on after our August class. I still have 7 or 8 blocks to complete for that section.

So that’s about all I have worked on so far this week. I hope to get the rest of the blocks done today (if I find the time), then I will probably start to put these sections together. I’m at a point where I am anxious to get these tops completed.

For today, I will be linking up at My Quilt Infatuation for Needle and Thread Thursday. Head over for some great projects.


1 comment:

  1. Your gypsy wife quilt is coming together quickly. it is looking fantastic. All your color and fabric choices are perfect. Very Exciting!

    ReplyDelete