Pages

Monday, August 1, 2016

A New Week and a New Month

It’s hard to believe it’s already August, and time to look ahead to a new month. It will probably be another busy month, but I hope to spend some time in the sewing room. A couple of projects I plan to work on are up on my Design Walls. First are the border stars I have made so far for the RSC Sawtooth Stars quilt…



I have surrounded the stars with 1-1/2 and 2-1/2 inch strips so they can be turned and “float” a bit in the border, much like the blocks in the quilt top…



I hope to get some more border stars made this month. If not, it will be a focus project in September. I hope to have this done before Christmas.

On my second Design Wall is what I have completed so far in my Block of the Month class for the Gypsy Wife quilt.  This is the batik version I’m working on…



This is the entire top portion of the quilt. There are three sections that run across the bottom and I have the blocks done for one of those sections. I have had the strips cut for the whole quilt for a while, so this will be what I focus on during this week in the sewing room. I really want to get this next section done so I can start on the last two sections. They are really big sections and will require a bit more time than the previous sections of this quilt. I will probably be spending most of my sewing time in August working on this quilt, along with the neutral version of the Gypsy Wife. I’m getting excited to get these two tops done.

The only other item I plan to work on in August will be my One Monthly Goal (at Red Letter Quilts). I want to finish up both of my Thanksgiving table runners. Here is the one that is pieced…



I made this out of a Benartex Charm Pack I picked up at the Shop Hop in June. I have the parts ready to piece together for a second one, and then I want to get them quilted and bound and ready for the table. They are actually “fall-ish” fabrics, though they do have some turkeys in them, so I think I can put them out in September and no one will really mind. I don’t have any fall table runners right now, so these will fit the bill. One will probably actually be a Christmas gift.

Not much on my list for August, but it will be a month of moving my daughter back into the house from her apartment for a few days, then sending her off to school out of state (again!) Plus, we are still purging the house of “stuff” and plan on a big yard sale at the end of the month or early September, so I will be busy, busy, busy! In the meantime, I hope you all have a great Monday and a wonderful August. Enjoy what remains of summer!

Linking up with:
Design Wall Monday at Patchwork Times
Main Crush Monday at Cooking Up Quilts
BOMsAway at What a Hoot Quilts
OneMonthly Goal at Red Letter Quilts

6 comments:

  1. Good luck with all your projects this month.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, beautiful star blocks! Gypsy Wife is sure complex but your batiks look wonderful. Good luck with all you have planned for your month.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the Gypsy Wife pattern and might make one myself one of these days!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You do have busy times ahead of you! I hope you get some sewing time, and good luck with all your projects!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty colors in your Gypsy Wife quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Smart to finish your fall runners, I tend to jump from summer to Christmas as Autumn blinks by!

    Your stars are looking super!

    ReplyDelete