Pages

Friday, July 1, 2016

July Goals

The next few months will be busy and things may be up in the air here in the Pieceful Kingdom, but I still have lots I would like to work on in July.

First, I have a goal for my One Monthly Goal (OMG) at Red Letter Quilts. I want to finish up this quilt…



That means I want to finish piecing the blocks (I have a few of the blocks put together), add a border, quilt it, and bind it (and yes, add a label). I have the border/binding fabric and I have ordered the backing fabric and batting, which should be here next week. So, I think this one is very “do-able” for July. It must be done by the end of August, so by putting it as my OMG for July I think it will be done in time.

I also have a couple of Works in Progress (WiPs) that I want to work on. This would be my Gypsy Wife tops and the Thanksgiving table runners. I have put one table runner top together and the second one is close to being done. Here is the (very simple) runner top I have complete…



For the Gypsy Wife quilts, we are working on Section 9 in the class right now. The class is the third Saturday in July, so I hope to get both versions completed by then. Once Section 9 is done, we will have the entire top half of the quilt top completed.

I am also working on two Blocks of the Month (BOMs) right now. One (or two, since I’m making two GW versions) is the Gypsy Wife quilt. The second is Tuxedo’s Tales. I plan on starting on the March block in July. Obviously, I’m a bit behind in this.

As for my scraps, for my goal for I May Have a Scrap Problem at Confessions of a Fabric Addict, I plan on working more on my Leaders & Enders project of stitching together my 2-1/2” squares. In June I sewed 115 pairs together. I hope to get some more squares cut from my scraps, but even if I don’t, I have plenty to work on in July.

For the Rainbow Scrap Challenge (RSC) at So Scrappy, I probably won’t work on the color of the month for July (hot pink with green) but instead I hope to make more progress of previous RSC projects, including the 2015 RSC Sawtooth Stars quilt and June’s Curves quilt top. I am also considering the Sawtooth Stars quilt top as my UFO project for the month of July. I really hope to make some progress on it.

I haven’t done any quilting for a couple of months, so I do plan on getting some done in July. My plan is to finish the OMG quilt above, and put it on the long arm to quilt. I have an idea of how to quilt it, so I don’t think it will take too long. As for quilting on my sewing machine, I hope to get the Thanksgiving table runners done and do some quilting with the walking foot.

And, I always need some handwork…so I will work on a couple of appliqué projects in July. One will be the Tuxedo’s Tales block mentioned above. The other will be finishing the wings on the Butterfly Sampler…



Once the wings are done, then this will become an embroidery project. I’m looking forward to some embellishment on this project.

Along with the appliqué handwork, I will also continue with my current stitching project…the needlepoint cats.



I have not updated the photo, but I have added a bit more to this project. It is sitting next to my chair in the living room, so it’s a constant reminder that I need to work on it! In July I will try to spend a little time on it each day.

As always, I have charity quilts to work on, both kennel quilts and more Ronald McDonald House quilts. I do hope to spend some time with those in July.

And finally, I have one new quilt that I plan on starting in July. I will be using this Campers pattern…



…but I will be taking many liberties with it. I have a plan for it and I’m excited to get started on it. And…



If I get the urge, I will possibly start working on some McKenna Ryan blocks. I have five block patterns from her Faith Hope Love quilt pattern and I would like to make them to put in the entry way or living room (we are re-painting the inside of our house). We probably won’t finish with all of the painting until the fall, but I would like to get a start on these before then.

I’m pretty certain I won’t limit myself to just these few projects. I know me pretty well and I jump onto rabbit trails easily. Focus, focus, focus. That needs to be my mantra (it doesn’t always work!)

For today, I will be linking up with Red Letter Quilts for the July OMG Goal Setting Party. Next week, I will link up with the I May Have a Scrap Problem at Confessions of a Fabric Addict. I hope you have a wonderful weekend, and for those of you in the US of A, have a safe and fun Independence Day! And for you Canadians, Happy Canada Day!



6 comments:

  1. Oh, my gosh, Linda! You have several months' worth of work there! LOL. Each of those projects is wonderful, and putting them all in this post will be a good reference point so nothing gets dropped from the goals list, but I'm glad you picked just one to focus on. That's a great scrappy-looking quilt you're making. Love the butterflies a lot, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy cow, I'm tired just reading this! Like Susan said, at least you have a nice list to refer to. Lots of fun things so I understand how you could be inclined to follow those rabbit trails. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! What a list. The colours you've chosen for your July goal are lovely - such rich colours. I look forward to seeing how you choose to quilt it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another gorgeous scrappy in the making.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A very ambitious list! Good luck with your plans for July.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Trying to visit everybody in the OMG party! WOWEE! You have a lot going on! I have decided I need to start some sort of hand work project to have with me at all times. I can't believe how much time I waste just waiting for something or someone. I am looking forward to seeing what kind of liberties you're going to take with the Campers pattern. SO CUTE!!

    ReplyDelete