For those celebrating in the US, I hope you have a fun and safe day. I just put ribs in the crock pot and I baked the beans yesterday, so a couple of ears of corn in a pot will be all that is left to do for our Independence Day lunch. It’s going to be quiet around here (except for the fireworks late into the night), but we hope to get some painting done and some cleaning done today before hubby heads back to work tomorrow.
Here is what is up on my Design Wall today. I have chunks of blocks sewn together from the Moda layer cake Wool & Needle Flannels III. This pattern is from a Craftsy class, and it went together really quickly. I have always stayed away from pre-cuts (I think because I am a “pre-washer”) but I found so many great pre-cuts during the East TN Shop Hop in June that I couldn’t resist them. Then I started watching Jenny Doan’s Craftsy class “Quilting Quickly” (all about sewing with pre-cuts) and I was completely taken in. I have some matching yardage for this quilt top for the borders, and I have batting and backing fabric on the way. I hope to finish this quilt up quickly.
I’ve also worked on a couple of my on-going projects (both BOMs). Yesterday I finished up Section 9 of the neutral version of my Gypsy Wife quilt…
(Please excuse the blue painter's tape from my improvised design wall!)
Other than stitching one of the blocks totally backwards (or inside-out, or whatever), this one went together quite easily. You probably can’t tell the messed up block, but it’s the one on the bottom. The small dark triangles should be pointing to the outside of the block rather than to the inside. But if I didn’t tell you, you probably wouldn’t have noticed, right? So, all in all, it’s no biggie. Now all of the sections that run across the top of this quilt are complete (for the neutral version – I still have to do Section 9 of the batik version). I have at least one more section to complete before I start putting more sections together.
I also got out the March block for Tuxedo’s Tales and fused the freezer paper templates to the fabric and cut them out.
I collected all of the thread together for this block and it’s all in a box next to my chair to work on. Since I finished the Butterfly Sampler, I needed some more appliqué to work on J
So that’s about it from here for today. I’m off to get my “stuff” done today. In the mean time I will be linking up with the following:
Design Wall Monday at Patchwork Times
Main Crush Monday at Cooking Up Quilts
BOMs Away at What a Hoot Quilts