Pages

Friday, July 15, 2016

Friday Finishes

I’m back! I didn’t run away! I have just been busy clearing out closets and all the “stuff” from the house. Actually, I’m not nearly done, so I will be continuing with that for a while. But, I do see some progress and it’s good for my soul.

I did mostly clear things out this week, but I have been able to spend some time the past couple of days working on the Moda flannel quilt. Last time it looked like this…



This week I was able to add the borders so now it looks like this…



It’s too big to put up on the Design Wall, so I had to get a photo of it on the quilting frame. It’s actually sideways on the frame, but it pretty much looks the same either way.

I was able to start quilting this on Wednesday afternoon…



I’m just doing utilitarian-type quilting on each side of the seams. The purpose of this quilt is to keep my daughter warm this coming winter, so it doesn’t need anything fancy; it just needs to hold together. I think I will like the quilting on it once it is all done. I’m just using the walking foot on my domestic machine, and so far it hasn’t been too bad. I’m using Hobbs Tuscany Collection 100% wool batting, and it is quilting great. It is also making this quilt really light weight, especially considering it is flannel on top and back. It should do the job on a Boston winter night!

That’s about it from here. It has been soooo hot! I have been staying inside as much as possible. I head out for my Gypsy Wife quilt BOM class tomorrow, so next week I hope to work some more on that. In the mean time I will be linking up with Sarah at Confessions of a Fabric Addict for Can I Get a Whoop! Whoop! Head over for some great projects. (And, she is in the middle of her 12 Days of Christmas in July! Check it out!)


No comments:

Post a Comment