Pages

Friday, July 8, 2016

Friday Finishes

I’ve done a bit of work this week in (and out of) the sewing room, and I have something to show for it. Yay!

First, I was able to finish putting the blocks together for the flannel quilt top I’m making.



This is ready for the border. I have the border fabric, the backing fabric, and even the batting, so I just need to work on it. I will probably start adding the border strips on Monday.

I also was able to complete Section 9 of the Gypsy Wife quilt in both color versions.



This section went together so easily (in both colors) I was afraid I had done something wrong. For some reason I have battled with this pattern. Typically, something doesn’t match up size-wise in each section, but not with this one. It went together like a dream. Everything fit just right. Maybe I’m just getting better at sewing, I don’t know; but I’m not the only one in the class having problems with things not fitting right, so I think it just might be something else. I can tell you that if I was doing this quilt on my own, and I didn’t have this monthly class to explain each section, I would probably have chucked it a while back. However, I love how the quilts are turning out and now that I have “cheat sheets” from the class, I still may make this quilt again…in another year or two.

So those are the only “finishes” I have for this week. I have lots to do today, so I better get to it. I hope you all have a wonderful Friday. I will be linking up at Confessions of a Fabric Addict for Can I Get a Whoop! Whoop! Head over for some great projects.


No comments:

Post a Comment